40 Flexible Ways for Stay At Home Moms and Dads to Earn Real Money
Being a stay-at-home mom or dad is a full-time job, but it doesn’t pay a full-time paycheck. This makes it difficult for some one-income families to earn enough money to pay for things they need, let alone grow their savings. Good news is, there are ways to earn money without leaving the house or sacrificing your time with the kids. These opportunities enable you to make some cash while your children are at school, asleep, or even while they’re home and wide awake!
Keep in mind that working from home requires self-discipline, organization, and focus (here are my favorite books on getting it all done with less stress). It’ll take a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for you, and you must be driven to keep going even when you feel like giving up, or if others question your decisions. But the effort is worth it. I know this because I’ve been working for myself since 1996, and it’s rubbed off on my son, who recently started experimenting with ways to earn money from home; without interfering with his school or activities! If you have a teen looking to make some extra cash, check out this list!
So without further ado, I present to you the big list of flexible ways for stay at home moms and dads to earn extra cash on the side… or if you’re really motivated, earn a full time income!
1. Make Money With Your Blog
Just about everyone’s got a blog now, right? Heck, I have more than I can count with both hands! But for good reason… it’s where I make most of my hands-free income from affiliate commissions, Google AdSense, and sponsored advertisers. You get to choose what your blog is about, when to write, what products to promote, and what types of ads to feature. Have you been curious about starting a food blog? Maybe a parenting blog? How about a marketing blog? Or a fashion blog? The possibilities are endless and getting one set up is easy as one, two, three! Check it out!
2. Affiliate Marketing
Did you know that you don’t even need to have your own products or services to earn a hefty paycheck? This is the beauty of affiliate marketing. You promote other people’s stuff and when someone buys, you collect a cut of the sale price! That’s it. No need to carry an inventory, deliver the product, or provide support to the customers! Where do you promote affiliate products? On your blog, social media, articles you write… pretty much anywhere! Here are some popular networks that offer ad links to earn some cash from:
- Rakuten Linkshare – My favorite network. You can promote popular brands such as Starbucks, iTunes, and Walmart, as well as products offered by smaller companies
- Amazon – They’re tied with Linkshare as my favorite network. You can promote books, audio books, video games, clothing, kitchen tools, even car parts! You can earn up to 10% commission on majority of what’s being sold on their website! They pay their associates like clockwork, which I love.
- Clickbank – Their online marketplace contains tens of thousands of products to choose from, and you can earn commissions as high as 75%!
- JVZoo – Huge variety of products to promote; from business, cooking, and education, to foreign language, gambling, and travel!
- Shareasale – These guys have over 3,900 merchants to promote from including: Beachbody, Zazzle, Craftsy, Juleep, and Weebly. They always pay on time too!
3. Sell Your Old Books
Do you have books laying around, collecting dust? BooksCouter.com helps you sell your books for the highest price by comparing prices from 58 book-buying sites so you can quickly find who will pay the most for your books. Once you’ve found the right buyer, you choose how you’d like to get paid, download a free shipping label, and send your books out!
4. Get Paid to Shop Online
You earn cash back just for shopping like you normally would withEbates.com. Can’t get easier than that! Join free now and receive 4.49€cash.
5. View Text Ads on Your Phone for Cash
FreeEats.com pays you 0.9€ to register and 25 cents (or more) for most messages. Payments are deposited straight to your Paypal account. Registration is a cinch and you can stop at any time.